Industry: Facilities Management, Defence, Crown Commercial Services Framework
SERVICES: Market Entry Assessment, Partner Assessment, Pipeline Generation, Bid Capture
The client is a France-based provider of Integrated and bespoke FM services especially to the energy and nuclear sector. Its range of services include security, catering, cleaning, landscape management as well as heating and ventilation, fluid management and power.
The client wanted to understand the requirements for the consolidated Defence Infrastructure Contracts (DIO) FM contracts as well as assess the partner landscape.
- Understanding DIO’s Objectives:In 2016, the DIO announced its plans to outsource FM services at 62 defence sites spread across East England. An assessment of DIO publications also revealed the DIO’s plans to consolidate 80 soft FM contracts worth £250 Mn a year into seven regional contracts. The US Visiting Forces (USVF) and Soft FM contracts were also a part of this announcement. A detailed assessment of upcoming opportunities in East England region revealed:
- Soft FM services included were catering, retail & leisure, cleaning, waste management and hotel & mess services
- About 64% of total cost of services was associated with catering and hotel services, followed by cleaning (19%) services
- Assessing Bid Requirements:Detailed research was done to understand and simplify the key requirements for the bid posted by the contracting authority and factor in strict adherence to timelines as well.
- Prospective Partner Shortlisting:Given the scale and expanse of the contract, a comprehensive list of prospective partners was also provided to the client with the aim of assisting in delivering some of the contract services including catering. The research also identified three prospective partners namely, BaxterStorey, Elior and CH&Co to deliver catering services in partnership.