Industry:Facilities Management, Crown Commercial Services Facilities Management Framework, Public Sector, Central Government
SERVICES:Market Entry Assessment, Partner Assessment, Pipeline Generation, Bid Capture
The client is a France-based provider of integrated and bespoke FM services especially to the energy and nuclear sector. Its range of services include security, catering, cleaning, landscape management as well as heating and ventilation, fluid management and power.
The client wanted to understand the structure of the UK Crown Commercial Service (CCS) and to ultimately explore possible opportunities within the UK public sector through the CCS.
- Understanding the CCS:The UK CCS is an executive agency, responsible for policy making, advice and delivering direct procurement services to a whole range of government departments. During 2014-15, the CCS supported more than 1,400 government departments by managing almost 450 contracts on their behalf. The agency liaised with innumerable suppliers and managed more than £15.1 Bn in procurement spend during the year.
- The research assignment brought about a deep and through understanding of its structure and its inner-workings. The assessment of CCS revealed that it has classified all sectors into 12 categories, where products and services are provided through 89 framework agreements
- Opportunity and Supplier Assessment:Relevant framework agreements were identified and the suppliers contracting under those agreements too were listed to provide an effective and rounded-off understanding of the competitive environment to the client.
- Almost nine different contracting frameworks were analyzed, while a detailed analysis of almost 50 suppliers spread across the frameworks captured their basic financials, service offerings and capabilities
- Profiling of Key Decision Makers:In addition, insightful and detailed biographies of key stakeholders within CCS were also created to help build an understanding of the organization structure. (add supporting numbers and insights)